A strong and independent garage set up is now looking for a Vehicle Technician/Car Mechanic (permanent role) at very busy Iver Branch (Buckinghamshire, South East England). If you have the drive and dedication with attention to detail, then this is the position for you. We are looking for dynamic hard working individuals who would like the recognition for their performances and achievements.
Type of contract: permanent contract.
Salary: between £24,000 and £29,000 per year.
Qualifications: NVQ Level 3 in Motor Mechanics or City & Guilds Level 2.
• Full and valid UK driving license.
• Own set of tools & workwear.
• Ability to analyse and repair mechanical failures.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Organisational skills.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Attention to detail and accuracy
Experience: Experience required as a fully qualified Mechanic (minimum 5 years).
• Perform highly skilled and complex mechanical repairs on motor vehicles including MOT failures/repairs.
• Perform vehicle inspections including Part Exchange inspections
• Verify vehicle service ability by conducting test-drives, adjusting controls and systems and recording any faults.
• Maintain vehicle job records by recording service, repairs and inspections on a daily basis.
• Using steam cleaner to clean exterior of vehicles, vehicle under body, engines, etc.
• Draining/refuelling vehicles in a safe manner in accordance with Health and Safety guidelines.
• Carry out major and minor repairs/overhauls on vehicles and effected components, including engines, brakes, fuel systems, transmissions, steering, suspensions, drive lines and some electrical systems using a wide range of tools including specialist equipment.
• Undertaking any other ad hoc duties as requested by Management and Senior