Our client has operations in America, Asia and Europe; offering a comprehensive frequency product range. From low cost commercial grade product to that used in high reliability military and professional grade applications, including Quartz Crystals, Crystal Clock Oscillators, Silicon/MEMS Clock Oscillators, VCXOs, TCXOs and OCXOs and frequencies from the kHz range up to around 500MHz.
- Working as part of an experienced team, you will be based at our client site near Yeovil and support their sales team with all technical issues.
- Dealing directly with customers resolving their technical enquiries.
- Drawing up specifications based on customer requirements and factory capability. Some customer visits may be required.
- We have a full test laboratory on site and you will use this to respond to customers technical requests.
- This role relies on a strong understanding of software packages such as MS Office, Adobe Illustrator plus bespoke CRM systems. Full technical and software training to be given.
- Ensuring ‘Best in Class’ customer service is delivered to all internal and external customers
- To support our client Sales and Business Development teams on application/technical issues
- To respond to all customer (internal & external) enquiries in a timely manner
- Creation of new models that need to be drawn up and updates on existing specifications
- Ensure that all actions referring to customers are effectively communicated to all relevant personnel
- Liaise with suppliers on new technology and updates to existing technology in conjunction with other departments
- Assist in the technical training of our client Sales and Business Development teams
- Stay abreast of technology developments relevant to our industry and disseminate this knowledge through the company
- The role requires a knowledge of electronics (preferably frequency products), with a good working knowledge of the electronics industry.
- You will be expected to show an interest in their customers’ projects as well as general developments within the electronics industry thus contributing to our client strength and market knowledge.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills are essential as written and verbal interactions with customers and peers are a major part of the role.
- Accurately documenting customer’s technical specifications requires good attention to detail and as all work is documented on our computer system strong IT skills are required.
- Prioritisation and effective time management are also very important.
- £30-35k per annum depending on experience
- 20 days holidays plus 8 bank holidays.
- Pension scheme..