Our client is an established UK organisation funded by the water supply industry to support the protection of public health, by promoting water regulations and good plumbing practice in manufacture, design and installation.
They run an advisory service, publishes information, runs approval schemes, provides training and assists water companies to develop a consistent approach to the enforcement of the water fittings regulations.
Now looking to add a motivated individual with excellent technical aptitude to join our small expanding team to provide technical administration for our plumbing product approval scheme. They will assess applications, liaise with manufacturers and, give advice and guidance world-wide. In this unique position they will review and assess new innovative plumbing systems and products, destined for the UK market. They will also deal with technical enquiries about the water fittings regulations, helping plumbers and installers to get in right first time.
Administration of Product Approvals Scheme and Materials Approvals.
This will involve:
o Understanding and vetting technical applications, which may include product information, technical drawings, water quality test reports and mechanical test reports.
o Liaising with test laboratories and applicants to resolve queries
o Updating database and publishing approvals that are granted
o Arranging for applicants and test laboratories to be invoiced
o Providing timely reminders to approval holders of when approvals will expire.
o Investigating incorrect use of client certification marks
o Reviewing and updating guidance provided on the client website
• To respond to enquiries about client services and the Water Supply (Water Fittings) Regulations
• at least two GCSEs in English and maths
• at least an NVQ3, in an appropriate technical/scientific discipline
• a least three years’ experience working within technical role
• excellent technical aptitude
• great planning and organisation skills
• numerate with a good attention to detail
• strong customer focus
• effective communicator
• good IT skills, in particular word, excel and database experience an advantage
• self starter with strong ability to execute assigned tasks
• team worker
Our client is an excellent employer offering attractive benefits, salary progression once fully trained and a secure career to the right candidate.