The candidate will have experience of Project Management and strong lean manufacturing / process improvement skills, excellent CAD skills along with a good understanding of statistics.
Design, develop and maintain assembly processes, jigs and fixtures to meet project requirements.
Plan, coordinate and execute process design, Design For Manufacture, validation and documentation on time and within budget
Continuous plant improvement:
In collaboration with other functions, assess process methods to minimise process time and scrap and maintain and improve the customer quality, output and equipment maintenance, and assist with implementation where appropriate. This will include processes to measure, analyse and improve the efficiency and yield of current equipment using OEE methodologies, using data gathered to establish optimum capability of current machinery and to justify any capital expenditure required.
To perform necessary good manufacturing processes, process validations and other quality system documentation requirements to support new product development.
Maintain a record of all documentation, including drawings, sketches, calculations, records etc. ensuring a full history of process and product evolution is documented.
Work in accordance with Company Quality Standards, procedures and processes and comply with the requirements of Good Documentation Practices (GDP) and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP). Adhere to the standards of behaviours, policies and procedures as laid out in the employee handbook
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- Good communication skills
- Experience of New Product Introduction,
- Mechanical Design for Manufacture,
- CAD, Fixture design.
Project Management skills
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings, awareness and understanding of tool room shop processes.
- Good understanding of various joining and assembly techniques.
- Knowledgeable in basic statistics.
- Line balancing.
- Lean manufacturing.
- Experience of using process control tools and improvement
- Understanding and delivering internal/external customer focus
- Excellent team player.
- Computer literate with Microsoft office suite.
- Consistently hold people to account by making expectations explicit and regularly reviewing performance
- Motivate others through leading by example and creating an expectation that our colleagues do the same
- Provide both timely positive and negative feedback
- Understand our customers needs and deliver on our agreed commitments managing both risk and value to provide an optimum solution
- Communicate clear goals, objectives, consequences and timeframes for everyone
- Develop right first time approach to everything
- Foster respect, openness, collaboration and trust
- Empower and equip our people to take responsibility