About Our Client
Our client is an international EPC with several sites operating worldwide on a 24/7 basis, their aim is to provide a global service with a strong focus on supplying top quality, fast and efficient customer service throughout the Oil & GAS, Marine and Industrial sectors around the world. They are recognised as a world’s leading specialists in repair of marine and industrial boilers, including all associated steam systems. The Group has also successfully developed its service to the offshore oil industry to include in situ repair, upgrade and conversion of rigs, semi-submersibles, trading tankers, FSU, FSO, FPSO and FSRU units as well as managing turnkey projects in the offshore, marine & land-based sectors. Our client involvement in the survey, design, planning, drafting and commissioning of manufacture of skids and piping systems, boiler and pressure vessels, structural steel, protective coating, mechanical systems, electrical and instrumentation systems, accommodation outfitting and HVAC, metallurgy services is constantly increasing. We are now looking for a skilled, experienced and ambitious QC Manager with a welding inspector background to join their site as soon as possible.
About the Role
Coordinate activities within the Quality department.Liaise with Workshop, Project & Repair Managers.Liaise with clients & third-party inspection authorities.Carry out internal audits & liaise with all internal departments as and when necessary.Oversee random & planned inspections of materials, manufacture/installation processes in accordance with company and or client, third party procedures and specifications.Collate and safeguard QA documentation for quality Dossiers.Initiate and arrange third party NDT/DT.Undertake additional duties as and when requested.To undertake training as required to develop & maintain personal skills to fulfil the above to required standards.
- Co-ordination and monitoring of the operation of the Quality Management System
- Control of Quality Personnel in workshop and on Sites.
- Compiling and safeguarding of Quality documentation.
- Management of materials and accompanying certification.
- Ensure necessary inspections are carried out in accordance with requirements.
- Overseeing welder qualification & weld procedure tests.
- Ensure welder performance qualification certificates are up to date.
- Ensure PQR & WPS are available for projects.
- Contracting third party inspection agencies and NDE service providers.
- Coordinating & carrying out internal audits.
- Advising on materials and weld consumables.
- Ensuring Calibration of monitoring and measuring equipment as and when required.
- Maintaining calibration logs.
- Witnessing DPI, MPI, UT thickness gauging and pressure testing as and when required.
- Accompany third party inspectors & Client visits at workshop or on site with regards to QC activities.
- Undertake any additional duties as and when required by the business.
- Ensuring adherence to all company policies & procedures.
- To identify system weaknesses and suggest new/efficient procedures to strengthen it.
- Promote health and safety and ensure adherence to health and safety policies and procedures.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Internal / Lead Auditor experiences
- Knowledge of ASME, EN, EU directives, ISO codes and standards.
- Relevant qualifications, engineering background preferred.
- CSWIP 3.1 Welding Inspector qualification preferred
- At least 5 years QC exp. of which 2 years as Manager
- Attention to detail is essential.Good organisational skills.
- A professional attitude and good communication skills are essential as the role requires regular interaction with all staff and third party inspection authorities.
- Computer literate.
- Good team player.
- Able to manage challenging workloads.
Salary: Circa £50,000 per annum
Hours: Full time - 40 hrs per week
Other: Pension, Holidays, Bonus.