PURPOSE OF POSITION
Our client is currently executing the AJAX Production programme. The position is for a Production Quality Engineer to audit and support the production, integration and testing of activities at the south wales site. The role will require close liaison and co-operation with the Engineering and Manufacturing teams.
This role will be based in near Pontyrpidd.
- Responsible for the generation of Production Quality Control Plans which define the Production Quality Assurance activities in relation to the production assembly, integration and test. Activities.
- Performing production audits and inspections at agreed points within the production process to assess compliance to build instructions, build records and stated quality characteristics etc. This may include production audits at sub-contractors to ensure that the appropriate systems are in place and controls are defined.
- Undertake as part of a cross functional team the analysis of non-conformances identified during production to ensure that problems are addressed and appropriate corrective action is taken. To establish trends and root cause analysis. Feedback any subcontractor supplied non-conformance
- Undertake as part of a cross functional team the generation and management of PFMEAs.
- Ensure that Non-conforming products, services and processes are investigated and audit the effectiveness of the corrective and preventive actions.
- Supporting the tailoring of the company Processes to suit the programme and contractual needs.
- Liaison and work with managers and peers in other support functions as appropriate to the Production Quality activities.
- Support/advice to Production Managers, Engineering and other business areas as required.
- Attendance at selected key reviews in accordance with agreed plans
- Review of key production plans and documents.
- Customer liaison and representing the department, the presentation of data, on site and at customer sites
- Promote quality awareness within programmes.
- Prepare weekly and monthly production quality metrics and reports, for internal and external purposes.
- Required Skills & Abilities
- Experience of working in a manufacturing environment
- Experience/knowledge of PFMEA as Control Plans.
- Good knowledge of ISO9001:2008.
- Excellent communication skills including written, verbal and presentation.
Required Education & Experience
- ONC/HNC in an Engineering/Quality Discipline with Quality Engineering Experience.
- Internal Auditor qualified