A strong and independent garage set up is now looking for an MOT tester (permanent role) at very busy Iver Branch (Buckinghamshire, South East England). If you have the drive and dedication with attention to detail, then this is the position for you. We are looking for dynamic hard working individuals who would like the recognition for their performances and achievements.
Type of contract: permanent contract.
Salary: between £24,000 and £29,000 per year.
Qualifications: NVQ Level 3 in Motor Mechanics or City & Guilds Level 2
Experience: Minimum 3-5 years
• To adhere to all relevant company Health & Safety policies, procedures and guidance, whilst carrying out MOT testing and working on site.
• Perform the test to the standards laid down by company as per their instructions.
• Not to carry out a MOT test on a vehicle if it is of a class or type of vehicle which they are not authorised to test, or a type of test he/she is not authorised to carry out.
• To take sufficient time to correctly inspect the vehicle.
• Not to allow anyone to influence their decision.
• Upon completion of the vehicle inspection, to accurately enter the details into the VTS Device as specified in the VTS Device User Guide.
• To inform the Manager in the event of any item of the designated test equipment failing.
• To inform the company and manager if they are disqualified from driving.
• Take all reasonable care of the VTS Device and all associated equipment, including printer, smart card reader, connections and cables etc.
• Keep the MOT Bay clean and tidy. The MOT viewing area is available for presenters of vehicles to view the MOT being carried out on their vehicle. This area must be clean and free from obstructions at all times.
• That the gas analyser PC, PDA or other provided computer equipment is not: protected by a private password, used for any purpose other than conducting an MOT test, loaded with any additional software, other than that provided by the Company. Used to play, stream or otherwise music, video or photographs.
• Inform customers of the required and advisory work and reasons
• Remove & refit components and carry out tyre related adjustments in accordance with the Technical Standards & Work Instructions and personal competencies.
• Contribute to Good Housekeeping routines.
• Place goods and materials in to storage and participate in stock routines as directed.
• Understand and adhere to the Company's policies and procedures