A South East London based design company is looking to supplement their team. The company makes large scale decorations and installations for both interior and exterior venues.
We are looking for a dynamic and flexible Logistics Manager who is capable of working across multiple projects simultaneously. The candidate will work with our established Logistics and Technical team to plan both how we suspend our decorations and how we successfully complete our onsite work.
Tasks will include but are not limited to:
1. Scheduling installation work and planning on site teams
2. Health and safety advice and policy making. Join the JGD committee. Helping to ensure projects are CDM Regs 2015 compliant.
3. Overseeing anchor point installation, testing and record keeping in accordance with relevant British standards
5. Project Management
6. Company figurehead to Councils
7. Logistics budgets and costings
8. Improvements in Logistics planning
9. Liaising with clients on Logistics
10. Pre-install site visits
11. Creating and maintaining the Logistics job book
12. Onsite work if required We envisage the successful candidate will have experience of planning onsite work for teams and have a track record of being able to implement plans successfully to deliver an installation to time, budget and in accordance with relevant H & S standards.
Experience of working in the performing arts would be advantageous as we are a Design Company who often has to think outside of the box to achieve the wow factor. It is imperative that the aesthetics of our work is considered at all times.
Will be expected to work some extended hours, out of hours and weekends during our busy time (October – January)
We provide an interesting environment and the opportunity to work with a friendly and exciting team on a huge variety of projects in central London and across the UK.
Essential Skills: Practical rigging experience/knowledge (hands-on and planning) Problem solving Good communication skills Planning and record keeping Onsite Management (Teams 10 – 20)/Event Management H&S
Beneficial Skills: Traffic Management experience Logistics Knowledge of LOLER UK Driving Licence PRINCE2 Planning and building regulations AutoCAD SketchUp
The position is full time: 40hours per week.
Office based: 75 % - Travel on site: 25%