The IT Support Technician (Remote Support Level 1) role is to support clients base which primarily include solutions from Microsoft. Strong focus should be given to providing our clients with a high level of service and keeping them informed of the status of support tickets. To identify any upgrades and enhancements that will benefit their business and increase overall productivity. Excellent telephone and communication skills are required because this support role is spent on the telephone.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Diagnose faults, support, install, and maintain the following Microsoft Products: Exchange Server 2007/2010/2013, Windows Server 2008/2012/2016, Windows XP/Vista/7/8,10, Small Business Server 2003/2008/2011, Office 2003/2007/2010/2013,2016, Office365.
- Support for the following features, services and roles: Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Terminal Services/RDS, IIS.
- Install, update and support anti-virus solutions. * Ongoing communication with customers regarding support requests.
- Install and configure routers, firewalls, servers, PC’s and Printers. * Diagnose and repair network faults.
- Install and configure remote access/VPN solutions.
- Ensure your tickets are kept up-to-date with accurate information and relevant time entries. * Maintain client confidentiality at all times.
- Adhere to data protection act.
- Focus on maintaining effective customer service.
- Generate enthusiasm among team members.
- Proactively seek opportunities to build on existing skills.
- Facilitate effective team interaction.
- Acknowledge and appreciate each team member’s contributions.
- Communicates effectively with clients to identify their needs and evaluate alternative business solutions in accordance with organisational objectives.
- Continually seek opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen customer relationships.
- Manage customer expectations effectively.
- Mentor those with less experience through formal and informal channels.
- Suggest areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions.
- Minimum two years Level 1 support experience preferred
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £20,500.00 to £28,500.00 /year
Job Location: Cardiff, UK.
Required education: Secondary education
Required experience: IT Support: 1-5 years