Our client is a large Bakery manufacturing site close to Salisbury (Wiltshire) looking to recruit an Engineer
Our client is looking for an additional engineer to join the day shift engineering team in Salisbury, Wiltshire. The working pattern will be 4 days on 4 days off.
As part of the site engineering team the successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining a wide range of production equipment as well as general mechanical maintenance and installation within the Company planned maintenance system on a day to day basis. They will also be expected to manage the resolution of equipment breakdowns in a prompt and efficient manner to minimise production delays.
Principle Accountabilities/ Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Ensure the Engineering maintenance carried out in line with schedule and corrective action is taken.
2. To deliver maintenance on schedule and to deal with any unscheduled and emergency maintenance work, including all fault finding and necessary repair.
3. Communicating unscheduled downtime to Engineering Manager and Production Managers and the corrective action required.
4. All works performed in a manner consistent with the high standards required in a food production environment.
5. Identification of improvements that can be made to line and other operations including creating maintenance procedures.
6. Ensuring that engineering supplies requested are appropriate to maintenance work being carried out
7. Ensuring that all processes are conducted within safety guidelines.
8. Dealing with day to day issues, identifying and delivering repair and maintenance as needs arise for them.
9. Manage stock of supplies and workshop equipment including obtaining any relevant specialist components, fixtures and fittings.
10. Liaise with outside suppliers, contractors and associated visitors as needed.
Technical or Special Knowledge, Experience or Training:
• Previous experience of mechanical and electrical engineering work within Food Manufacturing Environment.
• Ability to work independently and deliver results
• Excellent communication and organisation skills
• Previous work on control circuits and plc fault finding, including single phase, 3 phase as well as motors and motor control
• Previous work on pneumatics and hydraulics
• Working knowledge of steam boilers and steam pipe
• Trained and competent in Welding and use of lathes
• Ability to identify improvements and resolution of problems
If this position is of interest to you please send us your CV through the link or send a copy by email to and one of our recruiters will give you a call for a confidential chat. Alternatively please call us on and we will be more than happy to go through the role in more detail
If this particular Vacancy isn't of interest to you, but you are looking for work in a similar field, please get in touch, as we have new vacancies registered on a daily basis