Our client is a leading global provider of premium valves, hydrants and other solutions for water flow control. With a varied range of products, we offer comprehensive solutions for the entire water cycle, from hydrants to butterfly valves, from knife-gate valves to needle valves. Our experience, innovative technology, global expertise and individual consultation process, form the basis for developing sustainable solutions for the efficient handling of the vital resource "water".
Design, develop and implement new products / projects to agreed timescales, quality and budget. Support the business daily with model, drawing and BoM updates through control of engineering changes.
1. Plan, execute and deliver projects on time, to the agreed level of quality within budget.
2. Prepare 3D CAD models and 2D drawings of new and existing products to support projects and engineering changes.
3. Originate and manage engineering changes to ensure decisions are controlled and compliant with relevant standards.
4. Write technical reports of testing, analysis of situations to support product introduction, existing products and record keeping.
5. Accurately prepare, update and implement Bills of Materials (BOMs) for new and existing products to enable manufacture, costing and routing of products.
6. Apply engineering first principles (calculations, theories etc.) During the design process to ensure all design output is underpinned with sound engineering.
7. Apply logical problem solving / reduction methodologies (eg, 5 whys, FMEA, Root cause analysis) During the design process and in support of production issues, to achieve a solution that is well considered, logical and beneficial to the business.
8. Maintain, develop and apply knowledge of processes, materials and technologies to ensure the products and business continues technical advancement.
9. Adhere to policies, systems and standards to maintain compliance for both product and business.
10. Actively engage with production, sales, and the customer to ensure the design department meets the needs of the business.
11. Perform any other tasks as requested by management to ensure the business is fully supported to achieve its aims.
Key performance indicators /Financial parameters
Delivery of projects to agreed timescales, quality and budgetMeet expectations with requests for information or support (internal & external)Completion of engineering changes to agreed dates
Important working relationships
Sales, Quality, Engineering, Production, Marketing
Key Skills and Competences
Degree qualified in Mechanical engineering or equivalent.Experience of producing 3D CAD models and 2D drawings to a high standard suitable for manufacture. (Autodesk Inventor)PC literate about Microsoft office applications.Competent in the planning, execution and management of projects.Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.Appreciation of statistical analysis.Knowledge of plastic part design & manufacture (Desirable).Knowledge of cast part design & manufacture (Desirable).Practically minded to manufacture prototypes and support production.Understanding of development process from conception to manufacture.
Benefits, Pension, Holidays.