Title: Business Objects (SAP) Developer
• Creation of Reporting Specifications following the analysis of report requests from stakeholders and report recipients across the business
• Creation of reports in line with the specifications ensuring that the reports are delivered in a timely and efficient manner in line with the reporting specifications.
• Creation and maintenance of Universes – through tools such as Universe Design tool and Information Design Tool.
• Support the Finance Reporting Team in dealing with queries on the existing report suite.
• Responsible for the creation and maintenance of reporting schemas and documentation of the various BO universes and other reporting models to allow this knowledge to be transferred to other members of the team.
• Working closely with the MI Technical Analyst to facilitate changes to the existing metrics and creation of new metrics to facilitate new reporting specifications.
• To champion the purpose and positive effect of a centralised reporting team and their requirement in a large business environment.
Personal Success Characteristics:
• Able to work under pressure and to deadlines
• Accurate, numerate, strong attention to detail
• Good organisational skills
• Able to use initiative and suggest alternative approaches
• Good communication skills
• Willingness and enthusiasm to learn
• Flexibility and enthusiasm essential
• Ability to act as a mentor and trainer for other members of the team
• Advanced knowledge and exposure to Business Objects WEBI and Universe Design Tool in a Financial or Management Reporting environment
• Proficient in MS excel and Word
• Proficient in MS Access
• Good communication skills – able to deal with different types of people
• Good knowledge of MS SQL is required to allow interrogation and reconciliation to the main transactional processing system - Elite
• Previous experience of working in the Legal Industry would be beneficial
Professional/ Educational Qualification: Qualified to GCSE and A Level Standard as a minimum
Reports To: Finance Systems and Reporting Manager
Hours of work: 37.5 hours per week
Salary: £40-42k plus Benefits
Location: Bristol, UK