This exciting new position will be responsible for leading the new product development team
the successful candidate will be responsible for effectively managing all new and existing product development at the site, ensuring the customers’ expectations are exceeded.
You will be responsible for proactively planning, organising and controlling new product and process development, as well as activity aimed at improving existing products, value engineering of products. In addition, the role will also need focus on the future, providing a stream of value added, novel and innovative products, which increase the profitability and commercial success of the company.
Principle Accountabilities/ Duties & Responsibilities:
• To manage the NPD and EPD processes from concept to launch.
• Lead NPD review and product launch meetings.
• To meet and deliver customer expectations in relation to product innovation and successful launches and provide development support and assist where necessary to fulfil brand and account plans.
• To control expenditure within budget and when necessary the commercial rationale to justify capital investment.
• To actively participate in the origination and evaluation of development opportunities with the commercial team. To develop new product through benchmarking and category management in order to ascertain and fill the gaps in the market.
• Evaluate and trial new recipes/ product formulations from initial bench work through to factory trials and acceptance into the factory as a standard recipe.
• To ensure that the NPD team are working effectively with both divisional colleagues as well as site manufacturing, planning and commercial teams in managing the development cycle including the organisation of scheduling factory trials.
• Work in partnership with the insight and marketing teams to help the decision making on product and category NPD, ensuring you keep up to date with the latest new product and technological trends within the industry.
• Working closely with the technical department to ensure that product information standards and specifications are accurate and correct.
• To work closely with suppliers to ensure a consistently high product quality and address any supplier shortcomings in consultation with purchasing team, initiating partnerships with strategic suppliers to help develop the support available throughout the NPD/EPD processes.
Technical or Special Knowledge, Skills, Experience or Training:
• Ideally hold a food science degree
• Bakery experience is desirable, however training could be provided for the right candidate
• Experience of working on NPD projects with major retailers is essential, additional experience of working within the food service sector would also be desirable
• Knowledge of regulatory and Quality Assurance requirements
• Highly organised and motivated and able to motivate and establish commitment from team members.
• Able to work independently and deliver results
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to analyse problems, identify and manage solutions
• Able to take a creative, flexible and innovative approach
• Strong Project Management Skills
• Good People Management Skills
If this position is of interest to you please send us your CV through the link or send a copy by email to and one of our recruiters will give you a call for a confidential chat. Alternatively please call us on and we will be more than happy to go through the role in more detail
If this particular Vacancy isn't of interest to you, but you are looking for work in a similar field, please get in touch, as we have new vacancies registered on a daily basis